February 19, 2012

I have not blogged in a week or two. I am in the middle of writing a few blogs, but have been super busy, stressed, etc. It always seems my life is either really boring and dull or there is a million things going on. Last week my grandma had to be rushed to the E.R. She woke up and could not respond, was breathing funny, and vomited all over herself. I was scared to death and thought she was having a stroke.

After spending the whole day in the E.R. they finally did the C.T scan and it came back clear. This did not rule out a stroke, but it did rule out a major one or any brain bleed. Finally at about 830 pm they told us her CO2 levels in her blood ( what you exhale when you breath out) where crazy high. Normal levels are 30-40 hers was over 100. This was basically starving her brain and all other organs of oxygen.

In order to get her levels back to normal they had to put her on a C-Pap machine which is this mask that forces air into your lungs and helps you breath. This is what a lot of people with sleep apnea have to use at night so they don't stop breathing. They told us if this did not work they would have to intubate her ( sedate her and put a tube in her mouth down to her lungs) we did not want this for obvious reasons and because with her health conditions it would be very hard to get her off of it and she could possibly die.

Needless to say it was one of the scariest times of my life. For those of you who do not know my grandma is my everything. She is the one person who I can talk to about anything and she is the one who basically raised me. I would be lost without her. I in fact have lived with her all my life, and not she lives with G and I as well.

At 11pm they brought her up the ICU at this point she was doing better was able to have a conversation and seemed life she was getting back to her old self. They ran her blood work again to check her levels and they had dropped to 80 so thankfully we were going in the right direction. At this time my sister and I went home and it was about 3am. That was the longest day of my life and that whole weekend when she was in the hospital felt like one long day.

Finally on Wednesday she came home. She is doing a million times better and is actually doing awesome with not smoking. Both G and I agreed we were not buying her cigarettes anymore. She is also eating better and I think this was a wake up call for her to take better care of herself.

Other than that G and I's 7th anniversary is on Monday. I am not sure what exactly we are doing we have a few things in mind but it all depends on the weather. This topic is actually one of the posts I am working on and hope to finish soon. So for now I am going to try to get some sleep since both Airi and Tyler and here. I know they will be keeping me busy and yelling all day tomorrow lol. :)

Leave a Reply

Comment Here!

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments